Salaries vary nationwide!
- Type of Practice (General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Neurosurgery etc.)
- Location (City and State or Region)
- How Employed (Independent Contractor, By a Physician, a Group, a Hospital or Clinic)
- Type of Compensation (Independent Billing, Salary or Hourly Wage... Number of Cases each Month)
- Benefits and/or Bonuses (Liability Insurance, Health and/or Dental Insurance, Pager or Cell Phone etc.)
This is something that you must negotiate for yourself, based on your experience, skills and abilities etc.
SalaryExpert.com can calculate salary ranges for Surgical Assistants throughout the USA.
Salaries typically range from approximately $79K to $140K with averages in the low $100's.
It is worth your time visiting their website.